[haiku-development] Re: The new locking primitives and boosting -- I need some guidance here :)

  • From: "Fredrik Holmqvist" <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:47:02 +0200

Firefox hasn't needed tuning in this regard. We did raise the priority
of the main thread that handles all events to the same level as
BWindows to make sure there isn't starvation. It didn't change much,
and almost all optimization of Firefox has been done by just improving
old, outdated or unefficient code.

From a porting standpoint I don't think it would change the complexity
of porting in any regard.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH
Chaordic: things that thrive on the edge of chaos with just enough order to
give them pattern, but not so much to slow their adaptation and learning.