[haiku-development] Re: Terminal settings files and query question

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:04:58 -0800

> d) Request haiku-ports to port PuTTY :)

Saw your post and started looking into it this morning.  Ran into a
few easy to patch items, but then ran short on time.  I'll continue
looking at it again when i get time.  So far I've added a check in
configure.ac for socket in "network", and commented out a few items
here and there to get the build to proceed.  It tripped on O_NDELAY in
one of the files, but I don't know where that's defined (if at all) in
Haiku, so I commented that out for now to see what else trips up.

But this port even work?  How's this affected by ticket #35?
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/35

> P.S. to all of you Haiku developers - As this was my first posting to this
> list, your responses have been really quick and helpful and I hope to be
> privileged to contribute to Haiku (maybe by starting to refactoring the
> current Haiku Terminal app as was mentioned above to support the -p option
> and eventually maybe even add a new PuTTY like interface to Haiku Terminal
> code base itself ??).

Bonus points if you can tackle this one as well:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2389

-scottmc