[haiku-development] Re: Task list for alpha 1

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:03:41 -0700

Hi Niels,

Niels Reedijk wrote:
> 2009/9/7 Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Niels Reedijk wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, I have already done an upgrade on the webfaction servers,
>>> and I will prefer to do the final one there again.
>>>

>> I am not sure what exactly you mean by "I will prefer to do the final
>> one there again", but I am the one who will be doing the upgrade (that
>> is the whole point of my message to this thread), and I am planning to
>> do it on my server, and keep the upgraded site there for the duration of
>> the transition period (it is more convenient for me).
>>
>> Once we are ready for release (say, on Sunday 9/13), the upgraded site
>> would be moved to Webfaction, but there is no upgrade involved in this
>> operation; it is just replacing the D5 files with those of D6 in the
>> haiku-os.org domain, uploading the DB (this is what I would need someone
>> to do for me) and pointing the installation to this new DB.
>>

> Well, in that case you won't need me and good luck.

But I did not say that I don't need you! In fact, I do need you (see
below). I just wanted to say that we should not duplicate effort. It
looked like you had not understood what I proposed in my action plan,
and just tried to expand on it, so that there was no room for
misinterpretation.

What help do I need? As I already mentioned, I will need someone to
upload the upgraded (D6) DB to the Webfaction server at the end of the
transition period. In addition to that, there will be many other areas
where you can help: content type conversion, views migration,
troubleshooting, etc..

The thing is that I offered to do the upgrade because the days go by and
no progress was being made. You seemed to be OK with both this offer and
the action plan that I proposed (at least, that's what I understood from
your email; correct me if I am wrong). If you think something in that
plan needs to be changed, by all means, please say so. I am all ears!

There is a lot to do, and I don't fancy doing it alone; so please, don't
take my message the wrong way and let's do this together, OK? ;)

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki