[haiku-development] Re: Task list for alpha 1

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:34:35 -0700

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I really don't want to have to work on the website upgrade at the
>> eleventh hour without any planning (which is the status quo). So unless
>> anybody opposed, I would like to take over this task right away.
>>

> I agree, and your plan seems reasonable.

I think that it is also a feasible plan, with the only dawback being
that the live website remains read-only for about one week, and that
during this period regular users will not be able to post
content/comments, create new account or edit their existing ones, etc..

>> h. Add mirrors to new Downloads page (will work on this with Urias).
>>

> Also in the meantime I have indeed been working on my IP address
> Geolocation system for automatic mirror selection. I have a test page
> with a couple APIs that I am using from JavaScript, which I will send
> a separate email about (so we can choose the best API.)

That would be really cool! I did not mention anything, because I did not
want to put pressure. ;) Let me know when you are ready to test this; I
have an experimental installation online that we can use for this
purpose here:

http://test.haikuzone.net/download

>> In a somewhat related question, would it be possible to have a copy of
>> the Haiku User Guide html pages under the haiku-os.org domain? There are
>> many planes in the website where I would like to link to the User Guide,
>> and I would like it to be to a regular http:// address and preferably in
>> the same domain.
>>

> I'm surprised it isn't already up there. It wouldn't be too hard to
> just have an automatic check-out from SVN for this, or barring that, a
> method to do so manually from the web-site in case automatic sounds
> too risky.

I could upload the guide manually from here, but I don't know if there
were plans to put it somewhere else and did not want to step on somebody
else's toes. Those on the know, please advise.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki