[haiku-development] Re: Task list for alpha 1

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 17:23:12 -0400

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Niels, are you really going to work on this? Being my area of expertise,
> I would be glad to take over if you are time-constrained.

+1

Niels if you have a draft, please release it to the world ASAP.

> I really don't want to have to work on the website upgrade at the
> eleventh hour without any planning (which is the status quo). So unless
> anybody opposed, I would like to take over this task right away.

I agree, and your plan seems reasonable.

> h. Add mirrors to new Downloads page (will work on this with Urias).

Also in the meantime I have indeed been working on my IP address
Geolocation system for automatic mirror selection. I have a test page
with a couple APIs that I am using from JavaScript, which I will send
a separate email about (so we can choose the best API.)

> During the transition period, bug reports can be filed against the test
> installation so that we try to get all rough edges ironed out by the
> alpha 1 release date.

Yes that would be good.

> In a somewhat related question, would it be possible to have a copy of
> the Haiku User Guide html pages under the haiku-os.org domain? There are
> many planes in the website where I would like to link to the User Guide,
> and I would like it to be to a regular http:// address and preferably in
> the same domain.

I'm surprised it isn't already up there. It wouldn't be too hard to
just have an automatic check-out from SVN for this, or barring that, a
method to do so manually from the web-site in case automatic sounds
too risky.

--
Regards,
Ryan