[haiku-development] Task list for alpha 1

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:10:02 +0200

Hi gang,

I took some time to build a list of tasks that we need to release
alpha 1. See the wiki for the complete list of tasks, with their
respective task owners.

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/AlphaStatus

There are a few tasks unassigned. There might be some unclear (as they
are in my head mainly). Some unassigned tasks are for non-devs as
well. Others have been started, but no one is officially responsible
yet.

Please review the task list and comment if you have anything to add or
if you want to take one of the tasks.

Kind regards,

N.

1. BUILD TASKS
a) assign buildmeister (Matt?)
b) determine distribution structure (haiku-files.org)
c) Determine optional packages to be included
d) Set up a test framework (what tests need to be passed in order to
qualify a build as 'good'?)

2. RELEASE PREP
a) find mirrors
b) Write release notes (all known issues)
c) Write press release
d) Determine press plan (in other words, do we go big on this one or
will we keep it small)

3. WEBSITE
a) finish new theme (Koki)
b) migrate to D6 (Daniel + Niels)
c) Make the documentation available
d) Prepare a good starting point for those interested in the release.

4. RELEASE
a) branch the source tree (Axel)
b) backport important bug fixes
c) tag the final build + make source available