[haiku-development] Re: Sv: Support for tethered mobile devices

  • From: Xianwen Chen <x.chen.k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:03:37 +0200

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you for your suggestion. I cannot use my USB wireless adapter of
Realtek 8187b on Haiku. I found a similar bug report on
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7175. Korli commented that "Unfortunately,
the FreeBSD network compatibility layer in Haiku only supports PCI devices
as of now and urtw is a driver for USB based devices." I suspect that lack
of the urtw driver prevents Haiku from recognizing the adapter.

Kind regards,

Xianwen