[haiku-development] Re: Supporting Haiku on the EEE PC

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:55:28 +0200

Hey Bruno,

Bruno G. Albuquerque wrote:
The EEE without an efficient power management will not be that usefull. And this owuld be a lot of work to implement I guess.
I don't necessarily agree with it being a lot of work. I think wireless support in Haiku would be more work ;) Ofcourse, having 'the ultimate power-management framework' holy grail type of thing would be a lot of work, and supporting all kinds of power management applications would be a lot of work, but from my embedded experience I must say, that power management isn't quite as difficult as people make it out to be.

My target is to have the same kind of battery life as I have under Linux, and I'm sure that won't be too hard to hit...

Anyhow, only way to prove one way or the other is write the code I guess :P

Ith.