[haiku-development] Supporting Haiku on the EEE PC

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 10:09:21 +0200

Hi all,

As some might have seen, I've committed a first version of the network driver for the EEE PC. It is not the driver that was committed to the NetBSD repository, as our FreeBSD layer has problems compiling that, but I found one for FreeBSD (http://www.SpringDaemons.com/stas/if_ae-1214569185.tar.bz2) that compiled. Needs some debugging, but I hope to do that today/tomorrow and get it stable and added to the image.

Now, I would like _very_ much to have the EEE PC fully supported. But I'm sure I'm not the only one. Is anyone else working on hardware support for the EEE? Can we somehow coordinate this, so we prevent people from doing the same thing?

Next thing I would like to look at is either the webcam, or some ACPI work for the keys and lid open/close...

HTH,

Ithamar.