[haiku-development] Suggestion for Stack and Tile

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:46:22 +1200

Hi,

I just doing some refactoring on the stack and tile code and going through the ToDo list Axel wrote a while ago *). I think while doing so, it is a good idea to have in mind what other people think about SAT. I' mean, what are your ideas how SAT could be more usable and tighter integrate into Haiku?

At least Axel wrote that he thinks SAT is a way to rough at the moment. Do you had something special in mind?

Some of my ideas:
- better tap management when space get low in a stacked group
- in a stacked group: remove zoom button for all windows excepting the first one
- persistence over sessions (no idea how to implement, yet)
- merge window borders in a tile group
- other decorators then the default one!?
- ...

Waiting to hear your opinions! Can't promise that anything will be implemented, but it could help a lot to consider them when cleaning up the code.
        Clemens

*)
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Stack-Tile-Review