[haiku-development] Re: Submenu in Applications menu

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:41:10 +0200 CEST

> "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The query would only be opened when clicking the Deskbar
> > apps submenu anyway. I have one here and it works.
>
> Sure, no reason to pre-populate the menu if there is no
> noticable delay. Is it snappy?

About as fast as normal menu here, but I only have few apps registered,
didn't stress test it.
Also, the query includes a check for zeta's build ID to avoid dups with
3 partitions mounted...

like:
(APP:group=="Development")&&("Build ID">"12000")&&("Build ID"<"18000")

Now, we should restrict it to /boot, but there is no simple way to do
this from the build (one can only restrict it to the unique id of the
volume which isn't known at build time, but we could fix it in
Tracker).

François.