[haiku-development] Re: StyledEdit status line: #3655 vs hrev30006. Let's decide.

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:30:10 +0100

On 25/11/2012 18:09, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems wrote:

>>> Pe distributed as optional package so it may not exist on the user
>>> system. From the other side it is common practice that 3rd party
>>> application changes MIME settings for supported file types either at
>>> first start or by using proper installation script calling setmime command.
>>>
>>> BTW, does Pe handle the styling run arrays stored int txt file attributes?
>>
>> Don't think so.
>> And it doesn't support multiple fonts.
>> Though it could be interesting to add support for the font_runs when
>> copying to the clipboard, to get the syntax colors...
>
> Don't let my comment here hijack the subject, but at some point it would be
> good to talk
> about the default font color options in StyledEdit.
> They're very true to the original BeOS colors, but at some point it
would be nice to offer
> colors that are more legible against white...not quite so light and
saturated as the current
> colors like the yellow and magenta.   I'd be willing to help with that
if it's useful.

Well first StyledEdit should just use the proper document color, so you
can use a dark theme and have those more readable (but then the default
black wouldn't be anymore :p)

The colors in the menu are just predefined colors in the menu btw, the
rest including StyledEdit itself can handle any color.

François.