[haiku-development] Strange 'private' error when compiling

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 00:10:33 -0700

Hi,

This is completely foxing me, so I hope somebody can point to a solution.

I'm trying to track down strange hiccups I'm getting in the audio chain,
so I'm using the old sample-code ToneProducerApp with printouts added
as needed.  As I'm comparing BeOS behaviour with Haiku, I've mostly
been compiling on BeOS and using that executable on Haiku too.

However, tonight I tried compiling (as a user app) under Haiku, and
I get the consistent error that "BBufferProducer::SendBuffer(...) is
private in this context".  The ToneProducer class is derived from
BBufferProducer:

 class ToneProducer : public BBufferProducer, public BControllable, public
BMediaEventLooper
 {...

so why is this happening?  (It's not my changes -- the original is the same.
The Makefile is the standard BeOS form original, but of course uses the Haiku
engine.)

TIA,
        -- Pete --