[haiku-development] Re: Steps to enable ACPI by default

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:00:15 +0100

2010/2/21, Enrique Medina Gremaldos <quiqueiii@xxxxxxxxx>:
> How difficult is to provide custom ACPI ? Default ACPI are problematic. I
> have one laptop which doesn't shutdown properly, and there is no PSS table
> (sounds familiar to you, Clemens? :D ), I know about one laptop where USB
> stop working...

It depends on the problem. Please try r35559 or later first. It has
newer ACPI which tries to repair common ACPI implementation mistakes.
If that fails file a bug-report. We need bug-reports! We will probably
Otherwise we can try providing a workaround or decide to disable ACPI
on that machine.

2010/2/22, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On a similar note I am interested in getting more ACPI-related things
>  working (hardware buttons for one, and sleep in the long term.)

ACPICA has info for ACPI itself (which made it very easy to start
hacking on ACPI code): http://acpica.org/documentation/

There are some ACPI hardware drivers that are not add to the build.
That might be a starting point. I havn't really looked at this part,
only at ACPI itself. Others have though. It does look like quite fun
programming...

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH