[haiku-development] Steps to enable ACPI by default

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:36:43 +0100

I know, or at least have heard, that there are computers with buggy
ACPI implementations that won't boot with ACPI enabled.
We have zero bugs matching that atm.

I suggest that in about a month if no one comes up with a few bugs
proving the contrary we turn it on by default and see what happens.

To test ACPI all you need to do is uncomment 'acpi true' in
'~/config/settings/kernel/drivers/kernel'.
I recommend checking that fans work normally, since someone mentioned
it might be a problem.

Other than than that you should be able to:
* Power off shuts down computer.
* Powerstatus works if you have a battery, (there is still
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4623 though)
* 'more -f /dev/acpi/namespace' should list the acpi tree.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH
(That wants to find and correct bugs that prevents enabling ACPI by default)