[haiku-development] Status of Serial Ports in Haiku?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:12:59 -0500

Good morning!

I'm trying to utilize BSerialPort under Haiku and it is not detecting any serial ports on the system. I have com2 assigned and set up in VirtualBox but getting 0 devices returned. I am also not seeing any serial references in the syslog.

Is the because Haiku does not see VirtualBox's serial devices?, or are the serial port drivers currently disabled/not complete?

(I used com2 because I know Haiku uses com1 for logging output.)

Thanks!

Alexander von Gluck IV
PGP ID: 0x2414F7DC
http://unixzen.com

"The way to find what the mainstream will do tomorrow is to associate with the lunatic fringe today." -- 1995, Jean-Louis Gassée

believed to be clean.