[haiku-development] Re: State of Haiku

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:41:17 +0200

-- Sikosis, on Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:41:10 +1000:
> Hi Haiku Admins,
>
> Just wanted to take a brief moment of your time to ask you all a few
> questions. With HDU 2010 on in just 13 days, I wanted to ask the
> following:-

I guess this is more an opinion poll, so I'll offer mine. :)

> + What were Haiku's greatest achievements over the last year?

Releasing the two alphas were real biggies in my book. Figuring out
what's all needed to actually put out something official was a learning
experience and although not everything went 100% smoothly, I think it
was a big success.

Next would be the partial WLAN support as that makes Haiku usable in
more environments.

Then we have major localization (and therefore needed layout managing
to overcome font-sensitivity) in the system and documentation.

WebPositive became very quickly a major app to make Haiku more
productive.

Haiku Inc. became much more accessible thru their new website.

Moving to our own servers made services faster and more reliable than
they were at berlios.

> + What roadblock are ahead for Haiku?

I can't say...

> + When is Alpha 3 coming out? Is there a set schedule for releases ?

I don't think so? I don't even know if the team has decided to go with
a time-based or feature-based schedule.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de