[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:21:52 -0700

> Otherwise, if you are going to start a vote and then totally ignore it, why
> start it in the first place?

The vote was started to gauge opinions on giving them access.  Just
because we get +6 or more vs. -1 or -2 sometimes the opinions of the
descenders hold more weight since they back up their votes with
further discussion.  And by the I'm not referring to who the
descenders may be, but more so in their reasoning.  This might be
revived again if/when we hear further from the Stack&Tile
maintainer(s).  As I recall the request was for them to clean up the
code and make it more modular or something like that, but then
silence.  Maybe we're hear from them now that this discussion has
started up again.  As for the vote, I'd give it a -1 from me now since
we'd not hear anything from the S&T devs for several months now.  And
this is coming from someone who'd really like to see Stack and Tile
integrated.  But that integration needs to be a clean one. ;)

-scottmc