[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:57:16 +0100

Jorge G. Mare wrote:

> I can understand that, as you *only
> now* suggest, the vote may have been started prematurely by mistake; but
> then a clarification on the same thread could have been made to that
> effect and the vote closed. Lacking that, one can only assume what
> happened.

Yup, you could be right there. If it wasn't clear in the original thread
what the conclusion was then it should have been clarified there.

However right now those involved in the code (Hong and Christof) seem
happy, and when action has resumed on the S&T code something will be
arranged, as Stephan said.

Sounds like all is happy here, if we remove the personal stuff which I'm
sure we all agree does not belong here [nb: despite quoting Jorge above
this is not directed at him in particular].

I'm also looking forward to seeing a cleaned up S&T in Haiku. There are
some design issues that I'm not sure have been entirely solved (which
I'd be interested in discussing in a new thread when someone is actively
working on the code) but the concept is definitely a good one.

Simon