[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:36:09 -0700

Hi,

Axel Dorfler wrote:
It is you that keeps this pointless thread alive, though, even though
you should have heard good arguments for why it was dropped, and why
there is no reason to reconsider at this point.

Rather than good arguments I heard what sounded more like excuses of why a vote was called for and then the outcome simply ignored with no clear explanation.

If anything, the lack of action at the time was proven by the lack of
action of the potential contributors.

The vote was never tied up to any development activity, at least not in the way the vote was presented. Had there been any pre-conditions to granting SVN access to the S&T folks, as you *only now* suggest, then that should have been stated from the get go, or the vote should have not been started in the first place. I can understand that, as you *only now* suggest, the vote may have been started prematurely by mistake; but then a clarification on the same thread could have been made to that effect and the vote closed. Lacking that, one can only assume what happened.

Stephan Assmus wrote:
"for no real reason" -- that's the part where you are wrong. Please accept the simple fact that someone may start a vote prematurely, that even quite a few developers cast their vote until it is made clear by someone else that the vote was premature. Such is life. No harm intended and no harm done. It doesn't always have to be about how something is flawed in this project.

Please, read the vote thread and you will see that it is a fact that it came to a halt with no clear explanation of why the vote was being dropped in spite of having received an overwhelming amount of +1 votes. There was no official declaration that the vote was being closed nor any explanation of any kind. When by any accounts this was a clear YES vote, for no apparent reason it was just left there to linger and allowed to die. Can you accept that this naturally leaves people wondering what happened?

Niels Reedijk wrote:
Don't worry or feel guilty. Last time the discussion was not really
about you getting svn access, but about something else in the
background. This time there not really is any discussion; it is just
one person just needlessly trying to heat things up.

Did you get your dose of uncalled for offensive and provocative comments now? :/

That I have a view or take a position that you disagree with or point out something that you think is not important does not give you the right to make this sort of accusation. Please, keep your not so subtle provocations to yourself.

Anyway, I am glad that the S&T folks came forward and gave an update. Although I have not used it much, I find S&T to be very intriguing at the very least, and I really hope the technology and its concepts are proactively embraced by the project so that we can add it to our bag of distinctive features that will help make Haiku so unique and great.

Regards,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net