[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: Christof Lutteroth <lutteroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:09:59 +1200

Hi there!

It is good to see that there is so much interest in Stack&Tile. There has been quite a
bit of research on S&T end of last year and early this year. We have performed a number
of eye tracking experiments, and shown that S&T makes work more efficient in situations
where frequent window switching and work with several windows in parallel is required.

It's a bit unfortunate that Hong Yul could not finish the refactoring and the
development came to a halt, but I am far from abandoning the project. As
Clemens pointed out, he will be coming to Auckland soon and start working on
his PhD full-time, developing user interface features for Haiku.

At this stage, I would also like to officially congratulate Clemens for gaining
a full PhD scholarship at the University of Auckland.

So please bear with us...

Cheers,
Christof