[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: Hong Yul Yang <hongyul.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:45:57 +1200

Hi all,

I never imagined the issues with svn access would generate this much
heat. It would be advantageous for us to get commit access but at the
same time we don't want to force this on you guys either and cause any
further controversy.

I have been doing some refactoring work on the S&T code with the goal
of addressing the quality/stability issue but it came to a halt around
late February when I moved positions and could no longer spend the
time to continue the refactoring. I just found out from Christof that
in a few weeks there is going to be a PhD student to carry on the work
(so Stephan, your last point is quite relevant!)

So that's where it is at the moment on our side. Since there won't be
much (if any) development work until the student arrives perhaps we
can save the discussion til then? Or would it be better to sort this
issue out beforehand.. I don't know.

cheers,
Hong Yul

--