[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:48:42 -0700

Humdinger wrote:
-- Jorge G. Mare, on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:50:17 -0700:
IOW, the argument that there were compelling reasons to overturn what was an overwhelming +1 vote is very hard to swallow and sets a bad precedent that it is OK to call for a vote and then ignore the outcome.

Be that as it may. I can't see the use of discussing granting svn access now if there isn't even a Stack&Tile developer asking for it at this time. Or is there?

Ehem... It was *a Haiku developer not me* who started this thread asking why we have not granted commit access to the S&T devs. The fact is that the S&T devs have not asked for anything, not now, not then. It was Haiku's own initiative to setup the S&T branch and then start the vote, and that's the point: that you do all this (create a branch, start a vote, etc.), raise and expectation, and then just drop the whole thing for no real reason.

If you want to talk about voting etc. please take it with an appropriate subject to the general Haiku ml. Then anyone interested in that topic can join the discussion there.

I am asking a question very specific to this thread, not voting in general. If you are not interested, don't read, don't answer.

Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net
RSS: http://haikuzone.net/rss.xml