[haiku-development] Re: Stack and Tile

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:50:17 -0700

scott mc wrote:
Otherwise, if you are going to start a vote and then totally ignore it, why
start it in the first place?

The vote was started to gauge opinions on giving them access.  Just
because we get +6 or more vs. -1 or -2 sometimes the opinions of the
descenders hold more weight since they back up their votes with
further discussion.  And by the I'm not referring to who the
descenders may be, but more so in their reasoning.

There were two people who expressed concerns during this vote.

One was Axel, who expressed concerns about the code; he did not, though, express opposition to the issue being voted on; in fact, a few days before the vote was started, Axel said he would not mind granting SVN access to the S&T devs:

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Stack-Tile-Review,4

The only other person who had objections was Niels, on the basis that it would not be good to grant SVN rights because that would qualify the S&T devs as Haiku contributors. From the couple of replies he received, nobody seemed to agree with him.

IOW, the argument that there were compelling reasons to overturn what was an overwhelming +1 vote is very hard to swallow and sets a bad precedent that it is OK to call for a vote and then ignore the outcome.

Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net
RSS: http://haikuzone.net/rss.xml