[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:39:28 +0200

Hong Yul Yang wrote:
Righto, I've reformatted the code and fixed a few other parts to agree with
the coding guidelines. The updated patches are in the same place. Hope this
one fits the bill :)

Hi Hong (or is it Yang?)!

Since it's not yet part of the trunk, do you take bugreports from this list?
I have these three and a crash:

1) Tile mode
Since a month or two, Haiku has slightly magnetic desktop borders. There's now a certain stickiness when a window border comes into contact with it. When you have several windows "tiled" together, this stickiness is still there, but only at the border of the window you grabbed to move them all. I guess, the right thing would be to always have he outermost window borders stick. (Am I explaining this right...?)

2) Tile mode
 * Tile two Tracker windows together
* Grab the right window and move it all to the left until the left window is completely out of the desktop
 * Hold the WIN key and detach the two tiled windows
-> The former left window is now MIA.

Sure, you can close that window from Deskbar ("Close All") and when you re-open it, it will be at a visible coordinate again, but it's not ideal. The missing window will also reappear when tiling another window to the former partner of the missing window.

3) Stack mode
 * Stack two windows together
 * Resize so you have space to slide the tab of a window
 * Slide the tab to another position
 * Move the stacked windows
-> The tab snaps back when it shouldn't.

4) Then while doing my tiling tests, I got a crash, see attached screenshot. This is r32241 in VirtualBox 3.0.4 and your latest stack&tile patch.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de

PNG image