[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:52:39 +0200

Hong Yul Yang wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently been taking up the baton after Christof on maintaining the
Stack & Tile feature. The update since the last patch provided by Christof
is that now the snapping between Windows is persisted (in addition to
stacking). Also the stacking and snapping behaviours are immediately updated
when windows are programmatically resized (e.g. zoom button). You can find
the patches below. Please feel free to test them.

Hi, Hong! Great you're taking over the Stack&Tile project. I just tried it out and the persistence is working AFAICS. Nice!

I have one bug to report. Tile two windows together (I took home/ and home/config/ ). Sometimes the bug shows right there, if not, just reboot Haiku: If I move the right of the two tiled windows horizontally, not both windows are moved as expected, but the left window stays put and is resized instead. If I close and re-open both windows, they are still tiled (persistence working), but now they show the expected behaviour.

This is on VirtualBox, BTW.

@all:
When can we expect to have Stack&Tile in the trunk instead of as patches? I kinda like it, though I expect it takes a bit getting used to.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de