[haiku-development] Re: SpicyKeys - Shourtcuts

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:22:01 -0400

Fredrik Modèen wrote:
Am 23.10.2009 um 16:47 schrieb Fredrik Modèen:

I have renamed it Shourtcuts
-1

What's wrong with its former name SpicyKeys?
I wanted a name that explained what it is.. later it will not be a problem
as it will probably be incorporated in some sort of Keyboard preference
app with tabs and there a tab would be called Shortcuts.

It should be Shortcuts not Shourtcuts
The name SpicyKeys only is useful to people who are already familiar with it. It only has a vague relation to its function.

I think Frederik -- minus the typo -- has made a good (i.e. descriptive) choice for the preferences app. Perhaps going the GNOME route and calling it Keyboard Shortcuts might be a better choice. If SpicyKeys is to be bundled in with the rest of Haiku, it really should have a different name.

+1 for either one.

--DarkWyrm