[haiku-development] Re: Source-level incompatibility in iconv.h

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:14:30 +0100

On 2008-10-27 at 20:34:42 [+0100], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ ... ]
> +1 for fixing it.
>
> If/when it get's fixed in Haiku, let me know and I'll make a new
> binary to post on Haiku-Ports for libiconv.

Thanks, but Jérôme has convinced me *not* to fix it, as that would potentially
trigger compilation problems with other (non-BeOS) applications that make use
of iconv().

> Also I've noticed that netsurf, vlc and beam all include their own
> libiconv.so files...  Not sure if those are BeOS or Haiku native
> versions, but I suspect they are BeOS ones.

Don't know about netsurf and vlc, but the one included with Beam is the R5
version.

I will just "#ifdef __HAIKU__" in Beam to solve the issue ...

cheers,
    Oliver