[haiku-development] Source code MIME types

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:23:52 +0100 CET

Hi there,

the registrar detects MIME types that aren't part of the MIME database,
for example, for C/C++ files, it will use "text/x-c" resp. "text/x-c++
". We do have a MIME type "text/x-source-code", though.
Do we want to keep the former versions (and introduce them in the MIME
database), or do we want to use the latter, and use it for all source
code types (there is also x-bcpl, x-fortran, x-java, x-pl1, x-pascal,
...).

I tend to the latter, since you'll usually have only one editor in
place for them, anyway, at that's enough as far as we need the MIME
database (I see little use of more differentiation beyond that).
Also, the latter is already in use on BeOS.

Bye,
   Axel.