[haiku-development] Re: Some questions about the locale kit API

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:36:05 +0100

On 2010-01-10 at 17:04:11 [+0100], Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> The BGenericNumberFormat class allows you to format and (yet missing) parse
> numbers of a format defined by a set of parameters (like base, decimal
> separator, grouping, etc.). If ICU can do that, then the class is indeed
> superfluous. I don't see how the *Parameters classes are superluous,
> though, unless you have another plan, how to specify the parameters.

Just to prevent a misunderstanding: The parameters specified by the
B*Parameter classes are generic parameters appliable independent of the
format -- like the maximum number of fraction digits for float number --
which don't directly have to do anything (at least not directly) with the
BGenericNumberFormat parameters, which I talked about in the same paragraph.

CU, Ingo