[haiku-development] Re: Solarized Terminal color scheme

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 09:29:45 +0000

2 septembre 2015 11:17 "Dario Casalinuovo" <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

It would be even more useful if those files would be in XML and used via a
class that converts XML
to BMessages :-)

It's something we will need at some point.

Here's one:
https://github.com/pulkomandy/fRiSS/blob/master/src/xmlnode.h
https://github.com/pulkomandy/fRiSS/blob/master/src/xmlnode.cpp

In Haiku there already is code to convert BMessage <> JSON, which is cleaner
and simpler.

Note that the usual way is simply saving things as archived BMessages (in
binary format), or, when manual editing is needed, to use te driver_settings
format and API (we have a wrapper to parse it to a BMessage). I'm not sure XML
is a good choice in either case: when the user doesn't need to mess with the
file, it is slower to parse than archived BMessage. When the user needs to mess
with the file, the XML syntax isn't the most readable and easy to handle one.

--
Adrien.