[haiku-development] Re: Solarized Terminal color scheme

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 07:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth miqlas <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>,

Guys, as you can see in my patch it contains just the background,
foreground, selection back and foreground color and so on. Maybe the
Terminal color scheme should support the colors for the ANSI control
sequences too. What do you think? So can we control everything, what
now impossible (? FIXME), and it would be the samein every supported
CLI app.

In principle that seems like an essential feature - terminal applications
use the ANSI colors liberally (maybe too liberally), so they're a key
part of the color scheme. I set up a MacOS X Terminal scheme yesterday
using the Solarized values; if Terminal hadn't supported user supplied
ANSI color values, it wouldn't have been worth bothering with.

That said, at a casual impression the Haiku values don't seem grossly
out of character. Maybe not correct, but tasteful.

Donn