[haiku-development] SoftwareUpdater DR1 testers requested

  • From: Brian Hill <brianh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:39:03 -0500

I have completed enough of the SoftwareUpdater application to consider it worthy of a developer release #1. Please test it if you are able. I *highly* recommend that you test on a copy of a Haiku install. This is very easy by creating a new partition, and running the Installer application to create a copy of a current running Haiku instance to the new partition. Then run Bootman to create a bootup menu entry for the new partition. Boot to that partition and test away!

This was built using hrev50622 on gcc2hybrid and I have successfully updated two of my gcc2h instances from hrev50622 and hrev50837 to hrev50970. The application gives you the opportunity to cancel the updates up until the point after the last package has been downloaded. I have not had an opportunity to test the problem solver at all yet.

For comparison to pkgman, if you run it via the terminal you will also see output identical to what pkgman does however all prompts for user input are via the status window.

Pre-built Binary:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8n9qMefrOQJVXFobGRFOTR4RzA

Source:
https://github.com/Perelandra0x309/haiku/tree/updater/src/apps/softwareupdater