[haiku-development] Re: SiS audio driver

  • From: "MatjažKovač" <matjaz.kovac@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:21:57 +0200

scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> je pisal(a):

> 2010/4/13 MatjaĹľ KovaÄŤ <matjaz.kovac@xxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed r136182 on real hardware with a SiS chipset. The AC97
> > audio driver (Auich SiS) used to work, but now it just falls silent.
> > Literally - the card is detected, output channels and volume controls are
> > listed, Media Player plays ... but no sound. Any ideas?
> >
> > Regards MK
> >

> You say it used to work... can you try to narrow down when it last
> worked?  That may help in isolating what caused the failure.
> -scottmc

Unfortunately, I burned over the old CD with the new image - I have no idea
what that revision was. It was at least two months old and I did an upgrade
(preserving  the home folder).

Other than that, the driver seems to be init'd ok - it is as if the output
were muted or on a wrong output channel. But it isn't, I checked everything
(and the driver presents me a single 'output 0' anyway).

Is there anything I can look into, like logs or something?

---

/\/\.Kovac