[haiku-development] Re: ShowImageSettings

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:48:45 -0400

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Does the class look good enough to make it public or should I make it
> privet for now? Or else I just copy it to Bluetooth..

The general philosophy for sharing code which we don't yet want to
make into a public API is by putting that code into the shared kit.
The cpp file goes here:

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/kits/shared

And the header goes here:

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/headers/private/shared

The code will then be compiled into each app that uses it, but there
won't be code duplication in Haiku's source code.

I've also thought that the ShowImageSettings class could be use
elsewhere so I am fine with it being moved to the shared kit and being
renamed ApplicationSettings or whatever makes sense. I can make this
change tonight unless you beat me to it (or someone strongly objects,
which I doubt.)

--
Regards,
Ryan