[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 08:30:11 -0600

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 8:24 AM, PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right, but when the Be API was created, it was intended to run on the
> BeBox, which is not using this kind of keyboard. And BeOS still ran on
> macintoshes with another keyboard system until R5. So I don't think
> the BeAPI includes any access to the raw keycodes.

You would be wrong, if you're in KeyDown(), you can always grab the
raw BMessage that generated the KeyDown event via:

BMessage *currentMessage = CurrentMessage();

That message contains the raw scan codes as well iirc, though I fail
to recall the name it's stored under, currentMessage->PrintToStream()
will tell you everything it contains. In general I'd avoid hard-coding
based off scancodes though, too much potential for issues.

Regards,

Rene