[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:57:07 +0100

Jonas Sundström schrieb:
Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
I strongly recommend changing the Rotate shortcuts; on German keyboards Alt+[ and Alt+]
are unselectable

Same on Swedish keyboards. (Alt Gr woes)

Ah, us Germans aren't alone in our suffering. I really think this problem should be discussed in the HIG, as programmers using English keyboards just can't know about the associated problems.

I'll implement the changes when the votes are
in and any possible discussions have quieted down.

I had a quick look and didn't see anything I disagree with. I'd think Alt-R = clockwise is
the best choice, regardless of which rotation
is the most common.

Well, the most common association for rotation direction probably is clockwise because of... clocks. So I'd really regard this as most natural.

Christian