[haiku-development] Shortcuts that require shifting don't work

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:24:43 -0400

If a shortcut requires shifting to get to the character for the
shortcut, it won't work. The obvious example is Cmd-+, which is
frequently used for zooming. The normal plus key on most keyboards and
keymaps is the shifted =. Since the shift key can also be used to
define the shortcut, we obviously have a problem. Of course on full
size keyboards the plus key is available unshifted by the numpad, but
that doesn't help laptop users.

Other OSes seems to deal with this correctly, so it may be worth
looking into how they do it. Did BeOS also have this problem? I think
so because I can recall adding Cmd-= as another shortcut for zooming
in ShowImage.

--
Regards,
Ryan