[haiku-development] Re: Shortcut handling of shortcuts with shifted keys

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 21:21:20 +0200

On 02.08.2012 21:05, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
The problem right now is the keymap does not offset the character if
Cmd is down. So it is impossible (right now) to ever get a plus (+) to
the shortcut handling code with a US keymap. When you press
Cmd-Shift-= you get that, not Cmd-Shift-+. Otherwise your suggestion
would work.

The question is what implications would their be for masking Cmd in
the Offset method of BKeymap (so that shift still shifts things even
if Cmd is held)?

I'm unsure where the problem is: what prevents us from doing it like that just for resolving the shortcuts? We do have the scancode of the key plus the current modifiers -- so we have everything needed to get the character a keymap would produce.

Bye,
   Axel.