[haiku-development] Re: Set a custom icon for a BAlert

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 18:19:58 +0200

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 11:35:35AM -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> So to bring this back to the discussion at hand, showing the version
> of applications (at least some of the "major ones") in about boxes is
> a viable reason to have at least some individual about boxes, since
> IMO the version of these applications should not necessarily be tied
> to Haiku's version.

Wait, isn't that the work of the package manager app ?

Back on topic: rather than allowing any icon in BAlerts, I'd keep them
to the standard ones, and add the icon in the dedicated about box API,
which happens to look like (and inherit from) BAlert right now, but
could be changed to something else and get a different look. I'd make
the icon a lot bigger, something like 128x128 or even more.

--
Adrien.