[haiku-development] Re: Set a custom icon for a BAlert

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:07:10 +0200

On 03.08.2012 01:45, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
Sure, that would be a reason to have about dialogs.
So there would be an about dialog with exactly one button for the bug report?
Why not have a bug report menu item instead?

That would be another option, sure -- the bug report button is just *one* reason for an about dialog, nothing that makes it mandatory.

Just in case we
decide to get them back one day, we should still omit the authors from
the dialog then. In any case, I think package management is indeed a
good argument for getting them back.
Um, didn't you explain above why package management doesn't change anything in
this respect?

No, I did explain why app specific version numbers don't make any sense.
It may still make sense to know which apps come from Haiku, and which don't. For example, if the base release does not include DiskProbe anymore one day, you might want to install it via the package manager. With package management, it's not entirely clear any more, where an application came from. Of course, it also matters less :)

Bye,
   Axel.