[haiku-development] Re: Self-Hosting

  • From: "Pier Luigi Fiorini" <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:04:32 +0100

2007/12/18, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:

> > > Yes, of course. That's the one I'm trying to build for haiku
> > > explicitly.
> > >

> > Or maybe, since this is an old toolchain, we can just stick with the
> > i586-pc-beos target ?
>
> The BeOS-built i586-pc-beos binary should work in gcc2-built Haiku (and
> gcc4 builds as well except for C++ stuff maybe).
> Might require some tweaking on libs (bone...), but it should work.
> Some software might not like it saying it's -beos while uname returns
> Haiku (some check in configure scripts), but autocrap will have to be
> fixed to recognize Haiku anyway... Any volunteer ? I can provide the
> aspirin :)

I already did  some autocrap stuff, it's a matter of tweaking some files in
order to let it recognize Haiku and then build autocrap :) I only had some
problems building software under Haiku because the system was not so stable
and it was getting slower and slower.

Just need some time to retry, maybe during the Xmas vacation,

--
Pier Luigi Fiorini
http://plfiorini.blogspot.com