[haiku-development] Re: Segmentation fault building jam on FreeBSD 9.0

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:04:59 -0400

First off, sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, as I
see nobody has commented since I was last checking on it.  I was in a
bad car wreck last Monday, and am finally getting back into the swing
of things.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> > IIRC correctly I switched that from -O to -O3 long ago, in the hope
>> > that it would speed up build times.

> If you build a complete image, a few seconds don't make much of a
> difference. Most of the time, however, developers only build one or two
> components repeatedly, so that the jam warm-up time becomes relevant. So
> some performance measuring would certainly be appreciated.

Would just using something like the "time" command under identical
circumstances be what you had in mind, or did you have some more
sophisticated benchmarking metric in mind?

- joe