[haiku-development] Re: SecondaryArchitecture compiler broken OS headers

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:27:42 +0100

On 01/12/2014 11:37 PM, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
So, it sounds like we need to add headers/ARCH/os/ and friends to the
compilers. I can do this, but not 100% sure on the process to bootstrap
a new gcc.

Since this change doesn't break any kind of binary compatibility, you can just build the new compilers via haikuporter. I don't know about the state of the recipes for gcc's dependencies, so I'd play it safe and build with a clean packages directory and --no-dependencies. All dependencies need to be installed in the system first.

Oh, and don't forget -j8 or whatever is appropriate on your hardware, or building gcc 4 will take a small eternity.

CU, Ingo