[haiku-development] Re: Savage Video Driver

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:15:50 -0400

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
Hi Gerald,

On 6/15/07, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It has been over 3 weeks since I sent the source files for the S3 Savage
video driver to this mailing list, and at this point I have received
nothing indicating that someone is planning to put them into the source
repository nor have I seen any changes to the S3Savage source files in
the repository.

Sorry for the delay, I don't think anything was meant by it. I suspect
Axel has been too busy or forgot to add it. Drivers aren't exactly my
forte, but if nothing happens over the weekend I'll add this to the
repository myself.
I suspected that Axel and most of the developers were very busy; nevertheless, I did not want this driver languishing for several months. Anyway, if you have any questions or need some information about the driver, feel free to contact me directly via my email address.

Does this project have any interest in this driver?  I am well aware
that the Savage video chips are not "state of the art";  however, there
are people that have computers with these chips.   [...]

I think all drivers are good, and personally feel Haiku will find
great use on older computers, on which these chips may be more common.
I agree.

So please don't take the silence as anything negative towards your driver :)
Since the developers on this project are very busy, I do not take the silence as a negative reaction, but because they are busy, I decided that I would have to build a fire to get some action towards adding the driver to the repository.

Thanks for offering to add the driver to the repository. I hope that it is not a difficult time consuming process for you to add it.

Thanks,
Gerald