[haiku-development] Re: Savage Video Driver

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:40:15 -0400

Hi Ryan,

I do not have the source files hosted on a website nor do I have any plans to do so; thus, I sending them as an attachment to this message as Hugo Santos had suggested.

This driver is a nearly complete rewrite of Erdi Chen's BeSavage driver except for some of Erdi Chen's cursor code, and most of the code is adapted from the x.org Savage driver.

If you want to try building the driver and accelerant, I have included the makefiles that I used for building it; however, with these makefiles it can only be built under BeOS or Zeta since they invoke the BeOS makefile engine.

To enable debug (TRACE) statements, the preprocessor symbol *DEBUG* is defined in the makefiles. If this is a problem when setting up to build the driver as part of Haiku, a #define could be added in driver.c and GlobalData.h to define *DEBUG* before it is tested by a #ifdef statement. Otherwise, AFAIK it should only be necessary to change the names of the source files in the Savage jam files currently in the source repository.

Best regards,
Gerald

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On 5/23/07, Hugo Santos <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gerald,

On 5/23/07, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If the Haiku project would like to accept the source files for this driver,
> who should I send the files to?

If you wish to contribute your work to Haiku, post the files in this
mailing list so they may be reviewed.

Preferably a *link* to the files hosted somewhere :)

Ryan