[haiku-development] Re: SAMBA port [was (no subject)]

  • From: Fredrik Ekdahl <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 06:11:47 +0200

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 04.02.48 Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> I have already talked about how WebKit has constant commits to their
> tree and if the admins decide to put it into our tree, then they will
> also need to assign some people to keep it updated, as I don't want
> that job for the rest of time. But let me get the port finished first
> before we decide all that ;)

Another option is to set the property svn:externals on the folder containing
the moving target. That way, we're forced to have an up-to date port. One
problem though is that the build can break beyond our control.
It would be nice to use this approach for things like eg. WebKit and
libavcodec which constantly gets improved.

/Fredrik Ekdahl