[haiku-development] Re: S3 Virge video driver

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:49:19 +0100

On 20/07/07, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since much of the code for the S3 Virge video driver is similar to the
Savage video driver, I have decided to implement a driver for the Virge
& Trio 3D video chips.  However, I'm having a problem enabling MMIO.  It
appears that ISA I/O is needed to enable the MMIO.  I have looked at
Syllable's Virge driver source file, and it has a "Be Sample Code"
license;  however, I have not been able to find the original BeOS sample
code on the web.  Does anyone have a copy of this code or know where I
can obtain a copy?  It is not in the R5 sample code, and I believe that
it is probably pre-R4.

Since Syllable has different functions for ISA I/O, I want to see what
functions were used to enable the MMIO under BeOS and how they were used.

Regards,
Gerald

maybe looking at a sound card driver might be of use? EG Sb16 or
something?  If there are in the tree that is...

Euan