[haiku-development] Re: S3 Video Driver Fixes

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:19:23 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Attached is a zip file containing an updated source file and a diff
> file
> for updating the S3 video driver.  The source file is to replace an
> existing file, and it is provided instead of a diff file because it
> has
> so many changes that the diff file would probably be bigger than the
> source file.

It's much less hassle to have a single patch to apply, though :-)
And one can still decide later on what one want to look at.

> The fixes/changes to the driver are:
[...]

Great, thanks! I've applied it in r27863.

> Now I can get back to the ATI video driver which currently works fine
> with all the Rage128 chips except for the Mobility (ie, laptop)
> chips.

Good luck on that one :-)

I have a few comments about the coding style, though:

        DeviceInfo& di = *((DeviceInfo*)dev);
        SharedInfo& si = *(di.sharedInfo);

Please omit the superfluous outer parentheses.

        char* sTechnology;
        bool bResult = (ddc2_read_edid1(&bus, &edidInfo, NULL, NULL) ==
B_OK);
        bool bDisableAccelFuncs = false;
        const ChipInfo* pDevice = GetNextSupportedDevice(pciIndex,
pciInfo);
        GetFrameBufferConfig(frame_buffer_config* pFBC)
        bool    bAccelerantInUse;       // true = accelerant has been
initialized
        bool    bInterruptAssigned;     // card has a useable interrupt
assigned to it
        bool    bDisableHdwCursor;      // true = disable hardware cursor & use
software cursor
        bool    bDisableAccelDraw;      // true = disable accelerated drawing

We don't use 'p' for pointers, 'b' for booleans, 's' for strings, etc.
-  we only use 'f' for member variables, 's' for static variables, 'g'
for global ones, and 'k' for constants.

        if ( ! si.bHaveEDID)
        if ( ! IsThereEnoughFBMemory(&mode, mode.bpp))
        if ( ! gInfo.SetDisplayMode(mode))

No spaces between (!statement).

        static           uint8 RamSavage4[] =  { 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 32, 64, 32 };

Variables always start with lower case.
Thanks!

Bye,
   Axel.