[haiku-development] Re: Running gcc4 application in a gcc2 hybrid.

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:01:40 +0200

On 01.09.2014 12:30, Fredrik Modéen wrote:
Anyway, according to the strace output the application is loaded just
fine, runs for a while, and then exits with code 0. Can you verify
that it works when running with strace and it doesn't when run without
(please use an absolute path in both cases)?
But it's not working with strace or without. It starts and then it quits.

I have now tested to build the original source code of VMware addons
with the same result. I have also downloaded the zip file from haikuware and that to gives me the same result. Both on the latest image and on a
47407 image.

Pehaps its something else then? but the systemlog says that it can't
fins libstdc++.so.6

According to your strace output at least the runtime loader syslog
output (the one you mention in an earlier mail) is not printed by the
program you ran. It also doesn't fork() or call load_image(), so the
only way I can imagine it causing the syslog output is by telling
another (gcc 2) application via a message to load a gcc 4 add-on.
It's funny, It use to work.

but that I can ignore as that's when it looking in a
"local" lib archive that don't exist in the app folder.

I don't get what you're trying to say.
Sorry It looked like it was trying to reach a lib folder at the same location as the application.

Then it's writin som debuggig to se where it stops?

You could also try stepping through it with Debugger.
Ok will test that. Any other suggestions?